Tuesday 31 March 2009

If I could be so furbolg...

Just a quick post with some research images from a character along similar lines, the Furbolg from Blizzard's World of Warcraft game. This bear-like creature has styling that was obviously influenced by native American / tribal costume. They also appear to use natural materials such as wood and leather, along with objects like fangs and feathers for decoration.

I'm including these as a reminder to try and differentiate my own character, though I may adapt from the colour palettes on some of these pictures. I like that you can see the tribal influences, and I'd like to somehow capture the Old Norse theme in my own character in a similar way, without being too obvious (ie: horned helmet, beard, axe etc.). I may try applying rune symbols to Banamadr's fur or something.

First some concept art:

And lastly some in-game images: