Tuesday 31 March 2009

Today's stuffs 2 of 3

This is just about everything that went into my presentation now. Here is a quick storyboard of Banamadr interacting with one of the Kodiak bear elders. There is some speech text in the version I presented, but it's not exactly Tolkien so I dont' think I'll bother repeating it here!


Here is the animated version of the run cycle sketches I did earlier.



And these are the sound clips I used to describe Banamadr's communication. The first is a cheerful chatter / barking kind of sound that could be used when he is happy or talking to another character.

Chatter MP3


This one is his battle-cry.

Battle-Cry MP3

The sounds are slowed down and reworked noises from actual wildlife. No clues for guessing which animal - yep, badgers! I scoured the interwebs to try and find a collection of Wolverine sounds but excluding the Marvel character, there was nothing. So instead I started with bears, wolves, lions, any big predators until I found they were all very characteristic of their respective animals. That's how I ended up slowing down the badger noises to make them seem bigger.

I think in-game or in the animation the animal noises would make more sense than human voices and could just be subtitled on screen.